Athletics at BSGE
PSAL Required Paperwork and Links
In order to participate in PSAL, a student-athlete must have an updated and completed medical and parental consent form on file with the school. The following required paperwork must be completed in pen and submitted in person before even participating in tryouts:
- Make sure all data is filled in at the top.
- All lines must have parent/guardian initials.
- A parent/guardian must provide emergency contact info and sign/date the bottom
- PSAL Pre-Participation Physical Exam Please Note: An additional page has been added to the form entitled “PSAL Health History COVID Addendum.” Please take all four pages of the form to your medical provider. The only page that gets returned to the Athletic Director is titled “Recommendations for Participation in Physical Education and Sport.”
- The final page of this form (PAGE 3) must be submitted.
- The doctor’s office needs to sign, stamp, and include the Registry #.
- Must be signed by a parent/guardian AND student athlete.
NYC DOE Consent to COVID-19 Testing Form
- All students participating in PSAL activities must have a consent to COVID-19 testing form. This form is submitted on the students’ NYC Schools Account (https://mystudent.nyc/).
Soccer News Fall 2021
9th - 12th Grade Students and Families,
We know it’s been a unique year and a lot has happened but we are excited to announce the Soccer season officially will be starting soon! Both BSGE Sting Soccer teams will hold first practices (and tryouts) at Flushing Meadows Corona Park on Monday, August 16. Practices are scheduled Monday through Friday from 3:00pm to 5:00pm at Field #3 (see map).
Official practices will be held every weekday at Flushing Meadows Corona Park on Field #3 beginning Monday, August 16. There may be additional (unofficial) captains’ practices. A student-athlete must attend at least eight official practices before the first contest which occurs at the beginning of September. A student-athlete must be properly equipped with athletic wear, shin guards, and cleats or turf shoes. Please keep in mind that participation does not mean a student-athlete has made the team. Official rosters will be determined based on performance and commitment exhibited at tryouts. We are excited to get out on the field and work with you all. Do not hesitate to ask if you have any questions.
Coach Mehan & Coach Rabinowitz