Welcome to our COVID response page. Below you’ll find all the critical information about how The Baccalaureate School for Global Education is changing the way we operate to reduce the risk of COVID infection. We are doing everything we can to make sure staff, students, and families are safe. Please check back regularly, as we will update the information here as conditions change.
The NYC DOE Return to School 2021 site section also has important information and resources for you.
Health Screening Tool
Consent Forms for Covid-19 Testing
Every school will randomly test biweekly unvaccinated students, who have submitted consent for testing, at a threshold of ten percent of unvaccinated students per school population (Pre-K and Kindergarten are excluded). Please note that students must submit a new COVID-19 testing consent form for the 2021-2022 school year to participate in the testing program.
If your child is tested, we will let you know they were tested and when and how you will receive the results, which will typically be provided within 48-72 hours.
- Submitting consent to have your child tested for COVID-19 in school is quick and easy. Please note-if you already submitted consent during the last school year or summer, you will need to do so again for the 2021-2022 school year. :
- Fill out the form online using a New York City Schools Account (NYCSA)(Open external link)
- If you already have a NYCSA account linked to your student(s): Log in, click your student’s name, click “Manage Account,” and then when a dropdown menu appears, click “Consent Forms.” Read the page, and then choose the consent option at the end for your student.
- If you do not already have a NYCSA account: You can create one right away! If you have an account creation code from your school, you can create a full account in approximately five minutes, and then provide consent as described above. If you do not have an account creation code from your school, you can still provide your consent right away by clicking “Manage Consent” under “COVID-19 Testing” and filling out your and your child’s information to provide consent.
Visit the COVID In-school Testing Results page to get school-based, borough and citywide date on testing.
Department of Education (DOE) Vaccination Portal
Vaccine Requirements for Eligible Students Participating in High Risk Extracurricular Activitie
School Building Visitors
Families are encouraged to record their student’s vaccination status in the DOE's COVID-19 Vaccination Portal(Open external link). Submitting this information will support New York City’s pandemic response and recovery efforts, and help ensure that DOE schools and buildings remain safe places for all students and staff.
Students and their families can access the Vaccine Portal with the student's DOE account login credentials (email and password).
- Visit the DOE Student Account page or help setting up or accessing your child’s account.
The Vaccine Portal will ask you to identify the type of vaccine, where you received it (in or out of New York City) and when you received the vaccine, and will prompt you to upload the image or screenshot of the proof of vaccine.
- Proof of vaccination can be an image of a vaccination card, NYS Excelsior Pass, or other government record.
- Take the image or screenshot and save it to your computer for uploading into the portal.
- The portal can be translated using Google Translate.
Privacy and Security
The privacy and security of your information will be protected by technical, physical, and administrative safeguards, including encryption. This information will be kept confidential in accordance with federal, state, and local laws.
If you encounter technical issues using the Vaccination Portal, please contact the DOE Help Desk by calling 718-935-5100.
Get a COVID-19 Vaccine at Select School Sites
All New Yorkers age 12 and up can now receive a free COVID-19 vaccine! In partnership with the NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, some school sites will offer vaccination. You can simply walk in with your student, any friend or family member who needs a vaccine, or just get one for yourself. It's quick and easy, and will help you keep yourself, your neighborhood, and your school community safe.
Have questions about the vaccine? Visit the NYC Covid-19 Vaccine page(Open external link) for all the facts.
- You will not need to provide proof of immigration status or a social security number to get vaccinated. ID is only required for proof of age.
- You do not need health insurance to get vaccinated.
- All minors who are 12 to 15 must be accompanied to the vaccination site by a parent or guardian, or another adult caregiver designated by the parent/guardian.
We have put safety procedures in place to keep our students and staff healthy.
- Masks: Masks must be worn at all times by all adults and students in the building.
- Hand washing: Students and staff are expected to wash hands thoroughly before and after eating, after using the bathroom, if exposed to body fluids (like saliva or a sneeze), and at other times necessary throughout the day.
- Social Distancing: Social distancing is required at all times. Please maintain social distancing between families during drop-off and pickup. Parents are not allowed to enter the building.
- Illness: Students and staff exhibiting signs of illness or having a fever of greater than 99.9°F must stay home and notify the school. If you or someone you know has COVID-19 (or shows symptoms of COVID-19 such as coughing or fever), it is required that you quarantine for a minimum of 14 days and notify the school.
- Directions for local COVID testing: Please visit the NYS Coronavirus Find a Test Site page to find a test site closest to you.
We are committed to making sure that all students can successfully connect to online learning during their at-home learning days.
- If you are lacking or sharing a device, or if your personal device is in need of repair, contact AP Boyno email@example.com.
- You can fill out the Device Request Form to reserve your device or fill out the form when you come in person to BSGE. Borrowing a device is free!
- If you experience internet-connectivity issues with your iPads, you can request help through the Technical Support for Families form.
- Borrowed devices should be used for school purposes only and kept in a secure location. Take your device with you on in-school days.
- If you are not able to get internet hooked up in your home, contact AP Boyno firstname.lastname@example.org.