For help dealing with stress and trauma:
- Managing Strong Emotional Reactions to Trauma (National Association of School Psychologists)
- Radical Self Care in the Face of Mounting Racial Stress (American Psychological Association)
Free Mental Health Support:
- NYC Well
- Call: 1-888-NYC-WELL (1-888-692-9355)
- Text: WELL to 65173
- NYC Well Live Chat
Respect for All Resources
Please provide Ms. Chaputian, firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- A completed application form, signed by parent/guardian (fillable form available at bottom of this page)
- An original doctor’s note on the doctor’s letterhead or stationery indicating that the student is physically fit or fit to work (physical exam must be given within 12 months prior to issuance of employment certificate)
o Doctor can complete the Physical Fitness Certification with stamp (available at bottom of this page)
- A birth certificate or other original proof of age
In your email to Ms. Chaputian please let her know if you will be able to pick up your working papers (which days are you available), or if you need it mailed to your home address.
Reminder: it is the employer’s responsibility to obtain the minor’s social security number. The employer will likely ask to see the social security card. BSGE will not write your social security on your card.