7th & 8th Grade Supply List – Fall 2021
The following is a list of supplies that BSGE teachers have requested in the past. We are revising this list as the school becomes more digital. Students should be prepared on the first days of school by having some kind of notebook (with paper) and pencils/pens. Students will be encouraged to have their own graphing calculators (see below), and devices if they have them.
We expect the students to start the year with the following materials:
- OPTIONAL: A USB Flash Drive (at least 8 GB) for saving computer-generated documents
- College Ruled loose-leaf filler paper
- Graph Ruled loose-leaf filler paper
- 5 Pocket folders or a 1 pocket accordion folder with sections (recommended).
- 1 composition graphing notebook
Staples carries a few different types. Descriptions are below.
- Item 394765 Model 06497 Mead Neatbook®Combo 4"/5" Quadrille Notebook, 8.5" x 11"
- Item 716522 Model 11625AM-US Staples® Quadrille 4x4 Spiral Notebook, 8"x10.5"
- ONE 1½-inch binder (use for all classes)
- ONE 3-inch binder (remains home to store old school work)
- Dividers to be used with binders
- DO NOT buy a planner. Special BSGE planners will be available in September for students.
- OPTIONAL: Ear buds or headphones to use with computers
We expect students to carry their “tool kits” with them to each class.
The tool kit for 7th & 8th Grade should contain the following:
- 2 black or blue pens
- 2 pencils and a large eraser
- 2 highlighters - different colors
- A pencil case to hold your supplies
- A ruler with both inches and cm (preferably non-transparent)
- Reinforcements (page savers)
- 2 pads of Post-It notes (3x3) or larger
- Colored pencils (at least 6 different colors)
- A small pair of scissors
- Graphing Calculator –TI 84 Plus. Please etch your name onto the back of the calculator. Do not simply use a sticker or marker!
Please do not bring all of the materials on the first day of class.
On the first day of school you will only need the
1.5-inch binder, folders, loose-leaf paper, and tool kit.
Teachers will give you specific directions as to what will be needed from the list and when.